- Harvard College: B.A. in English and American Literatures and Languages
- Iowa Writers’ Workshop: M.F.A. in Fiction.
Some Awards and Lists (Not Updated for a While):
- American Literary Review Fiction Contest, 2010, judged by Donald Hays, Runner Up.
- Pushcart Prize XXXIV: Best of the Small Presses, February 2009, Nominated.
- Hunger Mountain, Howard Frank Mosher Short Fiction Prize, 2008, judged by Katherine Vaz, Winner.
- Glimmer Train, Best Short Story Award for New Writers Competition, June 2009 and October 2008, Finalist.
- Iowa Arts Fellow, 2006 – 2008: The Iowa Arts Fellowship is awarded to two fiction writers in the Workshop per annum to support their living and work.
- Thomas Hoopes Prize, 2005: Awarded for excellence in a Harvard undergraduate honors thesis.
- Edward Eager Memorial Prize, 2005: Awarded for excellence in a Harvard English Department honors thesis.